Friday, November 9, 2012

Fish with Pico Garlic Rub

I try to make fish a staple in our house, and sometimes I think I'm as picky as the kids.  Don't get me wrong, I really do enjoy seafood.  But the texture has to be just right, or, well, I'll refuse to eat it like the kids.  And that never sets a good example!  With this fish recipe, however, it's not a problem.


Ingredients:

Rub
2 Tbs garlic powder
2 Tbs parsley flakes
1 tsp Spanish style paprika
1 tsp chili powder (can be omitted for less heat)
1/2 tsp sea salt
 
Fish
1 1/2 lbs tilapia fillets (or other, similar, white fish)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 lime wedge

Preparation:

Mix rub ingredients in a medium size bowl, set aside.
Coat fish with flour (I find this to be easiest in a gallon size zip lock bag).  Heat 2 Tbs olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.  Place fish in skillet, cook for 3 - 4 minutes.  Turn and brush on garlic rub.  Cook 3 - 4 minutes.
Remove fish from skillet, squeeze with lime juice and serve immediately.
 
Serves 6

*Derived from Sam's Club
 

No comments:

Post a Comment