Saturday, November 24, 2012

Cranberry Clementine Sauce

I love cranberry juice, but cranberry sauce always kind of alluded me.  I don't think I really got it and all you could do with it.  The flavors can be so varied and so rich.  Making my own cranberry sauce and relish over the last couple of years has showed me what I've been missing.  The possibilities are proving to be endless!

Ingredients:

1 (12 oz) bag fresh cranberries
6 clementines, peeled and sectioned
½ cup orange juice
½ cup cranberry juice
¾ cup sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise
1 cup dried cranberries

Preparation:

In small sauce pan, combine fresh cranberries, clementines, orange and cranberry juices, sugar, cinnamon stick, and star anise.  Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer.  Simmer for 20 minutes.  Add the dried cranberries and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes more, or until sauce has thickened. Serve at room temperature, or cold.

Serves 4




*Derived from Food Network

No comments:

Post a Comment