Thursday, November 8, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

One day I had some bananas that were too ripe to eat and in the refrigerator some left over chocolate chips begging to be eaten each time I peeked in.  What to do?  What to do?  I know, muffins!  Perfect mid morning snack for Berto and Daniela can take one to eat at school.  I even took a few to the office, they requested I bring more. They'd have to fight Daniela for them, and I can guarantee she'd win. Don't mess with Girlfriend's food!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 large (or 5 small) bananas mashed
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup mini chocolate chips (I used regular sized ones, but just used fewer)

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 and either spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, or take the easy way out and use muffin liners like me.  In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  In a separate bowl combing bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla, and melted butter.  Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir just to combine, then fold in the chocolate chips.  Divide batter evenly into the muffin tin, bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.  Reduce the time by 10 minutes and  you can make mini muffins.



*Derived from Little B Cooks

No comments:

Post a Comment