Saturday, November 24, 2012

Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese, Toasted Pecans & Cranberry Vinaigrette

This salad was really very good.  The flavor and texture was right on.  I, however, do not like goat cheese, so I subbed buffalo mozzarella.  I now believe I could have used another cheese that allowed me to crumble it, such as feta.  But buffalo mozzarella is so lovely, how could I not use it?!?!

Ingredients:

¾ cup dried cranberries
1 ½ boiling water
3 Tbs fresh orange juice
 1 ½ Tbs cider vinegar
1 ½ Tbs Dijon mustard
6 Tbs canola oil
3 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
10 oz arugula
1 ¼ cups pecan halves, toasted (I used toasted peacan pieces)
5 oz goat cheese crumbled (I used buffalo mozzarella, but you could also use feta)

Preperation:

Put cranberries in small bowl and pour boiling water over them.  Let sttep for 10 minutes, then drain.

In another bowl, whisk together orange juice, vinegar and mustard.  Slowly whisk in oil.  Fold in cranberries and parsley, season with salt and pepper.

Put arugula in serving bowl. Toss with cranberry vinaigrette, scatter pecans and cheese.  Serve immediately.

Serves 8 to 10


*Derived from Williams-Sonoma

 

No comments:

Post a Comment