Thursday, January 31, 2013

Creamy Basil-Chicken Pasta

I think the key to being a home manager, mother, wife, full time employee, and good cook is knowing when to cut corner and what corners to cut ( and it's not using frozen fish over fresh, let me tell you!). This recipe is the perfect example of that. I was able to get this tasty, filling dish on the table FAST after Berto's karate lesson. Kiai!!

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups uncooked rainbow rotini
2 cups frozen broccoli
1 cup sour cream
2 tsp all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken breast (this is where I cut a corner and used the frozen, grilled chicken breasts and they were already sliced, so I just needed a quick dice. You could also use a rotisserie chicken, but you'd still need to remove it from the bone.)
3/4 tsp dried basil
4 oz sliced mushrooms (the recipe called for a jar of sliced mushrooms, but I just can not bring myself to use them. I always sub fresh)
4 Tbs grated Parmesan

Preparation:

In a large pot, boil rotini to desired doneness. Cook broccoli until crisp tender

In a medium saucepan, combine sour cream and flour, blend well. Stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until hot but not boiling. Stir in chicken, basil mushrooms and 3 tablespoons of cheese. Cook until thoroughly heated.

Drain rotini, return to saucepan. Add broccoli and chicken mixture; toss to coat. Add remaining cheese when ready to serve.

Serves 4



* Derived from Pillsbury

No comments:

Post a Comment