Monday, March 11, 2013

Beef Stroganoff

Let me first start by saying that I can't believe it's been so long since my last post. First we had illness, then our annual Tahoe trip, then illness again (me, this time), and finally a crazy busy schedule. I am glad, however, that this is my next post. So incredibly yummy I ate it off the serving spoon after the hubs plunked it in the sink with the bowl! Not to mention, I had the best Sous Chef ever!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lb ground sirloin
Salt and pepper to taste
3 Tbs butter, divided
2 Tbs all -purpose flour
2 cups beef stock with 1 Tbs Better Than Boullian Beef Base - or 2 cups beef consommé
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Tbs olive oil
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 lb egg noodles, cooked to, package directions

Preparation:

Heat skillet over high heat. Add 1 tbs oil and 1 tbs butter, then add meat and onion. Cook over high heat until evenly browned, 3-4 minutes.

Heat a second skillet to medium heat. Melt 2 tbs butter and cook with flour for about 1 minute. Whisk in beef broth mixture or consommé, thicken 1 minute. Stir in mustard and sour cream, thicken 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.

Mix meat,sauce, and egg noodles.

Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment