Monday, January 7, 2013

Shrimp Florentine Pasta

My kids love, love, love shrimp, so when I saw this recipe, I got all excited!  A guaranteed success!  I'm going to make this one again, with some changes though. The original recipe said to omit the fat and salt, but I found the fettuccine too dry and it clumped terribly, my suggestion is to add olive oil to the water when cooking.

Ingredients:

8 oz uncooked fettuccine
2 Tbs butter
1 lb large shrimp, peeled & deveined
1 Tbs chopped garlic
1 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
6 oz fresh baby spinach

Preparation:

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well and keep warm.

Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, garlic, and crushed red pepper (if used). Cook until shrimp is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Add cooked pasta, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and spinach. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until spinach starts to wilt, stirring to combine.

Serves 4



*Derived from Cooking Light

No comments:

Post a Comment