Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Penne with Zesty Bolognese

I'm not Italian. I don't even think I have the tiniest bit of it in my family. Makes me wonder where my love for all things pasta and wine comes from. I try to cut back because we'd be eating pasta all the time. they tend to be some of my best "go to" dishes. This one has made it to the top of my list. I guarantee even your pickiest eaters will love it and you will be a dinner hero!

Ingredients:

1 small onion chopped (or about 1/2 to 1 cup prechopped, I buy frozen)
1/4 cup lite zesty Italian dressing
1 lb extra-lean ground beef (you could always use turkey or chicken)
1 15oz can tomato sauce
1 14.5oz can undrained diced tomatoes
3/4 lb of you favorite uncooked pasta
2 Tbs Neufchâtel cheese (or low fat cream cheese, maybe even ricotta)
Grated Parmesan to taste, for serving

Preparation:

In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir onions in dressing until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add eat and cook on medium-high until browned, stirring frequently. Stir in tomatoes sauce and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer on medium low for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.

While meat sauce is simmering, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt.

Add Neufchâtel to sauce and stir until melted. Drain pasta. Top pasta with sauce and Parmesan.

Serves 6



*Derived from Kraft recipes





No comments:

Post a Comment